Expanding the brands you know and growing new business
Your Oakmont Law lawyer comes to you with specialized knowledge of franchising in Canada. As the only law firm in Manitoba that is a member of the Canadian Franchise Association, Oakmont Law offers unique perspective, insight, and experience.
Oakmont Law lawyers also have experience in advising and assisting franchisees and franchisors in respect of disputes, whether the issue centers around significant changes to the terms of a franchise agreement or any other matter that may impact or compromise one’s ability to succeed in a franchise operation or business.
We represent franchisors, licensors, and distributors and offer comprehensive advice in the following areas:
- Development and structuring of franchise systems
- Compliance with franchise legislation
- Franchise disclosure documents
- Direct franchises
- Master franchises
- Preparing and drafting franchise development agreements
- Structuring leasing arrangements
- Advice on tax implications
- Branch operations
- Trademark registrations
- Master and territorial distribution arrangements
- Dispute resolution and litigation
Represented lender on a $125,000,000+ refinancing of various credit facilities for a multinational manufacturer with assets located across Canada and in the United States.
Banking and Financial Services