Navigating the complexities
Pension law is a highly specialized and ever-changing area of law. Your Oakmont Law lawyer follows developments in this area of law closely, ensuring that you get relevant and practical advice and service.
As we help companies, pension plan administrators, employer-sponsors, and plan member groups navigate the challenges and complexities of pension issues, we offer the following services:
- Legislative compliance reviews of new/existing pension plans, including multi-jurisdictional plans
- Preparation of and amendments to pension plan text, trust agreements, and supporting documentation
- Reviews and preparation of executive compensation arrangements, including supplemental executive pension plans and individual pension plans
- Tax compliance reviews
- Preparation of plan and pension committee governance documentation and reviews to ensure practices and procedures comply with legislative and regulatory requirements
- Legal advice relating to plan mergers, full or partial termination of plans, surplus entitlements, contribution holidays, and responsibility for payment of plan expenses
- Support and advice when one company purchases another that has a pension plan in place
Represented lender on a $125,000,000+ refinancing of various credit facilities for a multinational manufacturer with assets located across Canada and in the United States.
Banking and Financial Services