The advice you need for all of your technology transactions
Your Oakmont Law lawyer understands the unique legal needs of stakeholders in the information technology sector. We stay on top of the industry’s rapidly changing landscape in order to serve entrepreneurs, inventors, content creators, website developers, app developers, SaaS providers, and technology companies of all sizes—from start-ups to established multinational enterprises—with sophistication and wisdom.
Our goal is to protect your intellectual property and creative assets, structure your business for success, and represent your interests in all legal matters; we are here to safeguard and protect your interests from the beginning of your journey and onward.
We coordinate your information technology matters with your general business affairs, providing you with a single source of legal representation, in areas such as intellectual property, privacy, employment, tax, and mergers and acquisitions.
We provide guidance and advice, and assist our clients in understanding, negotiating, and drafting agreements, contracts, and other documentation relating to:
- licensing, distribution, and outsourcing
- trademarks and copyright
- the acquisition, financing, transfer, or sale of specific technologies or entire businesses
- information systems matters, such as services, development, and procurement
- software, video game, and other new media development
- cloud computing
- social media, including advice on online reputation management, defamation, privacy and Internet marketing matters
- strategic alliances and joint ventures
- non-disclosure and confidentiality
- consulting and other professional services
- computer, Internet, and technology use policies for the workplace
Represented lender on a $125,000,000+ refinancing of various credit facilities for a multinational manufacturer with assets located across Canada and in the United States.
Banking and Financial Services